Town Seeking Assistant Municipal/Accounting Clerk
January 18, 2019
Town of Leonville
TITLE: Assistant Municipal / Accounting Clerk
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to manage clerical accounting work and to compile financial accounting
and related data and reports. This position also serves as a main point of contact for the public. This
position prepares and processes invoices, payroll, water/sewer bills, and accounts receivable, and is
responsible for balancing month and year-end procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-
inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists with the general management of the office by providing customer service to guests,
ordering supplies, operating and coordinating maintenance of office equipment, and processing
incoming and outgoing mail.
- Receipts payments sent to the Town, including water and sewer bill payments.
- Processes invoices for payment.
- Completes the process of balancing month-end and year-end using the Town’s accounting
- Prepares and distributes financial reports to the appropriate parties.
- Prepares voucher packets for the Town Council’s review.
- Delivers deposits to the bank.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Processes water and sewer bills, including uploading meter readings and preparing shut-off
- Coordinates the payroll including reviewing and verifying time entry, posting payroll
time, processing and paying all payroll deductions, and entering changes made to employee
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Must hold a minimum of a high school diploma.
Must have a minimum of (3) years
of data entry, clerical, and customer service.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use a variety of computer equipment and software after the appropriate training is
- Ability to maintain complex accounting records.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Ability to initiate and maintain necessary follow-up to projects and assignments.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of principles of financial planning, budgeting, and personnel administration.
- Ability to plan, administer and evaluate complex and varied municipal functions.
- Ability to analyze complex financial issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with the Town Council, staff, and all
members of the public and co-workers with respect and courtesy in all matters pertaining to the
Town and/or within the scope of their employment.
Works is in an office setting, in generally comfortable conditions.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Town will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to
discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
SUBMIT RESUME TO email@example.com